What is the difference between the SAT and ACT?
- Both are college admissions exams
- Check to see which assessment your college requires. Historically, most mid-west schools examine the ACT and schools on the east/west and ivy league schools look more at the SAT, however, both ACT/SAT are accepted for admissions at colleges/universities across the country.
Should I take the writing section of the ACT?
- Check to see if the University you plan to attend requires it.
- Most schools do not require it; however, there are a few that do.
- It is not figured into your composite score; it is an additional score.
Do I have to register for the district wide ACT test in February?
- No. PHHS will register and pay for all current juniors for the district wide ACT test date in February.
Since I have to take the district wide ACT test as a junior, should I register for another test my junior year or have the district wide test be my first test?
- It is our recommendation that all juniors take at least one national ACT test before they take the district wide test in February of their junior year.
- Many students will take the December test during their junior year before they take the district wide test in February.